Omir the Storyteller

Stories. Music. Politics. Technology. Baseball. Friends. Family. Potrzebie.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

About The Wealthy Fisherman

Stories::Meta

I don't remember where I first heard this story. I think it was in church, but I'm not sure. I do know that it's all over the Internets, and one of the versions has an attribution. I wish I could find it; I like to give credit where credit is due.

This story has a bit of an Oriental feel to it in its coming around to the point where it started. I've been thinking about stuff like this lately. I'm getting to a point in my life where I'm glad I have a job that I enjoy doing and make good money at it; but even so I know it won't last forever, and I hope I can eventually get myself into a situation where I can indeed work if I like, don't if I don't want to, and still have time to take siestas with my wife, play with my kids (and grandkids) and play some banjo with my amigos. The two things I don't want to do are work because I'm forced to, and not work because there isn't any (and not have any money coming in while I'm not working).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home