Omir the Storyteller

Stories. Music. Politics. Technology. Baseball. Friends. Family. Potrzebie.

Friday, November 17, 2006

I had a dream last night

Potrzebie

I don't suppose dreams are all that unusual. What's usual is that I remember part of this one.

I remember I left the house and just started walking. I don't remember there being any sort of sensation of warmth or cold. Maybe you don't get those when you're in a dream. I hope it was warm, though, because I was apparently only wearing a blanket and carrying my clothes. This is also odd, because I would no more go outside naked than fly, but there I was, apparently completely unconcerned about it.

Finally at some point I decided to stop and put on the clothes. The place I stopped was by the seashore, There were waves, which you don't get walking along Puget Sound, so I must have been walking quite a while. It was the back porch of a house. One of those really homey houses, with a little window greenhouse and patio furniture and stuff. There were also two musical instruments there. I don't remember the first. Maybe it was a guitar. The second had a body like an oversized banjo head -- maybe two feet across -- almost no neck, and only one string. The string was tightened by an odd device that looked like a Greek letter, or maybe a frog from a coat.

As I got into position to put on my underwear I brushed up against the banjo-looking instrument. It didn't make a sound, but I managed to right it before it fell down. As I did so a man appeared at the door. He was a young man, about 25. I don't remember anything else about him. I told him something like "Don't mind me, I'm just passing through." At least that sounds like me. He gave me an inscrutable look and went back into the house, but I could tell he was keeping an eye on me.

I woke up at that point. There was probably more to it, but I don't remember any of it. In fact I'm a bit surprised I remembered that much.

Heck of a way to reactivate a blog after almost a year, huh? I had to scramble a bit to figure out what screen name I'd used.

4 Comments:

At 7:27 PM, Blogger Larry Kollar said...

Welcome back! Lordy, but I've missed you.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Omir the Storyteller said...

Hi Farfbob! My goodness, I'm glad (and just a bit surprised) to see you've found me after all this time. I was expecting that I'd be shouting into the void for quite a while. :)

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Larry Kollar said...

You're on my RSS feed. If any blog on my RSS feed shows up with a number after it, I know there's new material. Makes me glad I'd procrastinated the pruning I was planning to do.

I understand you've moved over to Bootrib. I have a few Bootrib readers through a third blog, so I knew you were still kicking, anyway.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Omir the Storyteller said...

You should come over to BT. The water in the frog pond is fine. :)

I just came to the conclusion that there were some things I wanted to say in a personal blog that weren't worth taking up space in someone else's blog for.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home