Omir the Storyteller

Stories. Music. Politics. Technology. Baseball. Friends. Family. Potrzebie.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Five Weird Habits

Potrzebie

I have been tagged by the Citizens' Self-Disclosure Committee to come up with five weird habits. It was unclear whether I should post them here, mail them to the Committee members who asked me to come up with them, go to the top of the Space Needle with a megaphone, or what.

This sounds a bit like something we did back in my role-playing days. Steve Jackson Game's GURPS roleplaying system introduced the concept of "quirks," little things you could use to round out a character that weren't significant enough to be full-blown character adventages or disadvantages. Just something to help you bring life to your character.

Fortunately these merry elves did not say I needed to detail my weird habits, so maybe I'm free to make some up. I'm not sure I'd want to hang out with anyone who would admit to any of these:

- Flossing your toenails

- Screaming "Ted Nugent Must Die!" at the top of your lungs every time you see a Maserati on the road

- Watching sporting events broadcast in a language you don't understand. Better yet would be if you don't understand the rules of the sport involved.

- Going to funerals of people you don't know (yeah, I stole that one from Harold and Maude)

- Imagining John Bolton mustaches on everyone on TV, male or female

I came up with a few like "Trying to get people to play musical chairs with tubs full of whipped cream," but that's not a weird habit, that's just weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home