Omir the Storyteller

Stories. Music. Politics. Technology. Baseball. Friends. Family. Potrzebie.

Friday, August 05, 2005

I'm back. Did you miss me?

Potrzebie

It may seem as though I've been neglecting this blog lately, but in reality I . . . uh . . . um . . . oh look, shiny things!

I added a couple of my stories to the mix and backdated them to their publication on Daily Kos/Booman Tribune/My Left Wing. I hope nobody minds. Grandmother Cedar is a retelling of a First Nations story that I heard from Johnny Moses, a storyteller born on the west coast of Vancouver Island. It's a lovely story and I hope he doesn't mind if I told it from memory and posted it here. The second, The Frogs And Their King, is from Aesop, and the third, Sometimes What Seems To Be A Curse Can Be A Blessing, is an old folk tale from China, transplanted to the American south during the Civil War.

And now, back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home