Omir the Storyteller

Stories. Music. Politics. Technology. Baseball. Friends. Family. Potrzebie.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

See, this is what I love about the Internets

Potrzebie

So I was all set to write this diary at some point, bewailing my lack of visitors and comments, when at the bottom of the comments to my first post I find this. And it is the funniest thing I've seen all day, and when I say that you have to take into account that my entire family was gathered together in one place this afternoon.

Nick Danger said...

Omir, praise allah I have found you at last. It is I, your brother Oxnard. We were so worried when you failed to return from the camel wash, elder sister Plum weeps so much she has become a tourist attraction. Please return home to your family and herd, as the dust harvest approaches and we are shorthanded. I pray for your speedy return.

P.S. father says if you have become a Yankee fan, please bring him an a-rod bobble head.

Saturday, May 07, 2005 8:41:45 PM

So I did some digging, and through the miracle of Internet sleuthing I found that this is indeed from Oxnard. And I rejoice, because bro, you owe me five dinars.

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Omir the Storyteller said...

Just for the record, it's "sahib" when you're addressing a male, "memsahib" when you're addressing a female. You promised you wouldn't give away my secret.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home