Omir the Storyteller

Stories. Music. Politics. Technology. Baseball. Friends. Family. Potrzebie.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Bloody Vikings

Potrzebie

Lately I've gotten several pieces of comment spam. Now those of you who know me know that I hate spam, and I find few things worse than coming across something that looks like a comment but is actually an ad for something I don't want, don't need, and probably can't afford. So, I've turned on word verification for my weblog. I hope this doesn't seriously inconvenience any actual human beings reading my stories; I do seriously hope it inconveniences any spambots who run up against it.

1 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger Larry Kollar said...

No prob, lots of the other bobs are using it too. I've held off by using the simple process of waiting five minutes. I think the miscreants (or rather, their software) use the "recent updates" list to find their victims. I've found if they don't catch a new post within a few minutes, they won't catch it at all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home